Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Liam - Week 8

Date/Week: February 16; week 8 

My Total weight gain/loss: -32 lbs 

His Stats: 11lbs 6oz

Milestones: Liam is getting through his first cold; his baby acne has gotten worse and started to clear up during the week; He has spent more than 2 hours away from us; His newborn clothing is too small and has been packed away - he is now in 0-3 month clothing.

Developmental Progress: He has become more consistent in focusing on faces, smiling, grabbing things, and holding his head up. If you smile at him, he's starting to smile back. We've started to put a rattle on one of his wrists to get him to focus on that particular hand (he prefers often to put the rattle in his mouth...). He can play on his own for a while and entertains himself (sometimes) in his crib or bassinet. He has discovered his thumb...

How do I feel about my body: My legs may be strong but my abs are pretty weak and my posture sucks. I participated in a weekend highland dancing workshop and I could barely do anything. I am overcompensating with my back because it is difficult to consistently tuck my pelvis. By the end of the weekend I was not motivated to dance because there is so much to do to get back to even a basic level - how am I supposed to teach in the coming months??? Upon calming down (I have a cold, mind you. It took a while to think rationally.). I decided to start with resistance training and hopefully a water aerobics class for endurance. We also have signed up for a 4 mile charity walk on March 6th to kick off our fitness regime for 2011.

Sleep:He has slept for up to 6 hours at night. Since being sick, his naps have been all over the place. On Monday he would not nap for longer than 15 minutes while on Tuesday it was at least an hour. I was therefore shattered due to Monday and much better on Tuesday. Now I need some sleep!

Energy level: The dance workshop proved to me that I have a long way to go in relationship to having my old energy levels. I know I shouldn't be anxious to get to where I was. I also need to work with the reality that I have been below my normal energy levels since December 2009... so i have quite some work to do in the coming months. 

Exercise: I've done two workouts using Chalean Extreme and parts of our Highland Dancing workshop. A good start!

Thoughts and Feelings? I'm sorta ready to go back to work. I love the snuggles and tummy time and seeing him develop but at the moment I really could use some separation of my day. I'm now attempting to work from home and it is difficult - particularly when he wants to be in my arms or close to me. I know I need to value this time but right now my days (and nights) never seem to end. I belt I'll complain about not enough time with him when I go back to work next month but right now this is what I'm feeling.

What I am looking forward to: Liam meets his 1st Godmother on Feb 24th; Christening on Feb 27th








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.