Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Liam - Week 15

Date/Week: April 6; week 15 

My Total weight gain/loss: -34.8 lbs 

His Stats: 14 lbs 1oz

Milestones: First ear infection (both ears) which means first course of antiobiotics - not fun at all!

Developmental Progress: He loves the mirror. I know he won't really be able to figure out how a mirror for quite a while but you should see how confused he is when Aidan then starts talking behind him but he sees Aidan in front of him. He also pushes up to standing a lot when you have him on your lap or similar. He has discovered that he can push himseld up to a supported semi-standing position in the jogging stroller and spent that time experimenting with stepping. I so wish we had the video camera for that... at least I got a picture!

Sleep: We thought we were doing well. He was going down at anywhere between 7.30 and 8.30 at night in his crib and would sleep to anywhere between 11 and 1.30 before needing to be fed. We were able to get things ready for the next day, watch a little tv and even get some sleep. Then came the night of screaming - every hour of early Monday morning. This came with a 102 fever. The paracatemol dealt with the fever but and he was fine but then the fever came back the next morning. Off to the doctor and the result wasn't a surprise - ear infection. He's now fine with the antiobiotice (fine is putting it nicely... he's better!). As for us, we'd love to get those hours of lost sleep back since we're not working with many in the first place! 

Energy level: The iron tablets are making a difference! We're also both eating healthy so that has something to do with it as well.

Exercise: The walking has me sweating as much as running does. We've stuck to walking in the past week. I am hoping to get my abdominal splint soon - I hope to participate in a dance workshop on Monday!

Thoughts and Feelings? I'm committed to working on my confidence and trust in myself and my abilities a bit more. I really need to get through my fear of failure... that will make such a difference in the confidence equation.

What I am looking forward to: Palm Sunday and Easter ; teaching 2 Saturday dance classes starting April 23 or 30; Vacation in May!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.