Saturday, October 15, 2011

Liam - Week 42

Date/Week: October 12th; week 42 

Milestones: Liam has bronchiolitis = it is so upsetting to hear him wheeze. I am so scared that he may have to be admitted into the hospital. Thankfully, he appears to be doing quite well at home. He doesn't like apple flavoured pedialyte. He had his first school pictures on Tuesday.

Developmental Progress: His copying is getting better. If you call him he generally comes. He'll carry on a conversation with you if you oblige. He dances and bobs in tune to the music. Even  when sick he is so curious and is able to undo latches, press buttons and pull up stickers and paper. He's always exploring

Energy level: I'm maybe two steps behind Liam in the being sick department. I fell as if I have been hit by a ton of bricks. I hope to get some rest and get back to Chapters 1 & 3 this weekend. I've had to cancel highland because I can barely breathe, let alone dance and talk at the same time.

Thoughts and Feelings? It was my busy week at work and it was interrupted thanks to Liam's diagnosis. I am so grateful to our families for helping out so much this week. I couldn't imagine living anywhere without family with small children. I would have been lost this week without the additional help.



That said, the week had me thinking about the future and wanting to slow down a bit in order to enjoy family walks like we had on Sunday. I know sometimes are just busy but I need to make those walks and visits to the Aquarium and lazy Saturday mornings with my boys just a great a priority!

What I am looking forward to: Getting into the holiday season! Having a crafting afternoon (perhaps first Sunday in November...) or even doing a crafting fundraiser for our dancers; baking on a Sunday afternoon; getting the proposal to my committee by month's end; turkey in November; Christmas trees and decorations; our annual letter; Liam's 1st birthday; a new nephew; considerations of what 2012 will bring...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.